Capitalization is a pain, and varies from publication to publication. I used to stress out over it, but have come to the following compromise:
- Capitalize the first word in the title.
- Capitalize verbs and other important words.
- Lowercase unimportant words, such as articles, conjunctions, and prepositions.
- But (and here’s the tricky bit) uppercase any word that is five or more letters.
- In hyphenated words, both words are capitalized
- Life Among the Wildings
- Life in the Wild
- You, Too, Can Win It All
- Be Careful What You Preach
- Browser Choice as Proxy
- Nobel Prize and Artistic Hobbies
- From Student-Centered to Student Agency
- The Author Is a Lie